Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been a cookie fiend for my entire life.  I love all kinds of cookies and as a child I wished I was able to east as many cookies as the Cookie Monster on Sesame Street.  When I first started to eat gluten-free I missed baked goods the most and it was frustrating trying to find a decent cookie recipe.  So here is the one my mom and I use.


1/2 cup and 1 Tablespoon sweet rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca flour, and soy flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
chocolate chips

1.  Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2.   With a mixer beat the softened butter until fluffy
3.  Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar to the butter and beat until well combined
4.  Add the vanilla, eggs, salt, and baking soda and mix very well
5.  Add one of the flours in at a time and mix (by hand) well until all four have been added
6.  Add chocolate chips (I use just under a whole bag)
7.  Place onto cookie sheet (I place about 12 on one sheet, make sure to give them space to expand)
8.  Bake for 9-12 minutes depending on the size of the cookies
9.  Once finished cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire cooling rack until completely cooled


*I suggest mixing the flours by hand because I feel that the cookies come out softer by doing so.
**I know eating cookie dough is delicious and fun but I do not recommend doing so because 1.  eating raw eggs is never good and you can become sick and 2.  gluten-free cookie dough is not very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment