Friday, February 3, 2012

Easy Gluten-Free Chicken Fried Steak

One of my favorite gluten-free things to make for dinner is chicken fried steak.  This recipe is fast, easy, and inexpensive to make.  I usually serve it with mashed potatoes, a baked potato, or rice.  I sometimes make gravy to go with it especially if I have it with mashed potatoes.  This time we had it with rice and I skipped the gravy.

Here is what you will need.

Cube Steak (I use 2 or 3 for my husband and I)
1/4 cup of sweet rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca flour, and cornstarch
1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and red chili powder
3-4 eggs
Smidge of milk
Oil

1.  Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a frying pan
2.  Mix the flours and cornstarch in a small bowl with the salt, pepper, and red chili powder
3.  Beat the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl
5.  Carefully place the cube steak into the heated oil and cook about 5-6 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked all the way through
6.Place cooked steak on a plate with paper towels to drain off excess oil
7. Enjoy


Tomorrow I am making waffles!

*I use tongs to turn the cube steak over to avoid splashing hot oil all over myself and the kitchen.
**Be sure to cook the steak sufficiently to avoid food borne illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment