Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gluten-Free French Toast

I woke up this morning thinking about french toast.  I like to make french toast because it is easy and quick on a busy Saturday or Sunday.  The whole process takes about 20 minutes and I stay full for a long time after just a couple of pieces.


To make french toast you will need:

3 eggs
2/3 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
7-9 slices of Udi's bread
cinnamon
nutmeg
butter
powdered sugar or syrup


1.  Beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl
2.  Melt a small amount of butter in a heated skillet
3.  Cover all sides of the bread with the egg and milk mixture
4.  Place in skillet
5.  Sprinkle the uncooked top of the bread with desired amount of cinnamon and nutmeg
6.  Flip and cook both sides until golden brown


There is some contention in our house about how to eat french toast.  My husband likes to eat it with syrup and only a small amount of powdered sugar.  I eat it the best way.  A long time ago my Dad taught me to butter my french toast and sprinkle it liberally with powdered sugar and skip the syrup.  This is by far the best and only way to truly enjoy french toast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment