Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes

My mom and I LOVE chocolate, probably more than most people.  Tonight I made chocolate chip pancakes before my husband and I went to see a movie.  They were quick, easy, and man did they taste good.



Here is what you will need:

1/4 cup tapioca flour, soy flour, sweet rice flour, and white rice flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
chocolate chips



1.  Heat skillet on medium heat
2.  Whisk the flours together in a medium sized bowl
3.  Whisk in the sugar, baking powder and salt
4.  Add egg, milk, and cooking oil
5.  Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto the heated skillet, add desired amount of chocolate chips, and cook until the surface is bubbly and the edges are slightly dry
6.  Flip and cook until the second side is browned and the middle of the pancake is no longer runny


*This batter will be a little thicker than the waffle batter recipe I have posted.
**I love to eat these pancakes with just a little butter but my brother likes them with peanut butter
***You can make these healthier by omitting the chocolate chips and using fruit or making them as plain pancakes


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment