Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Herbed Creamy Pork Chops

I know I have posted mostly chicken recipes and I am sorry.  Chicken is cheap and versatile but don't worry here is a recipe that has nothing to do with chicken.  These pork chops are very easy to make and very fast.  They make a great week night meal and my husband and I fight over who gets to take the leftovers to work the next day (if there are any). 


For this recipe you will need:

3-4 thick cut pork chops
1 1/2 Tablespoons of butter or margarine
1-1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/3 cup beef broth (I use Safeway store brand)
1/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons water

1.  Melt butter over medium heat in a medium to large skillet
2.  Salt and pepper pork chops (if desired)
3.  Place pork chops in the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes
4.  Turn pork chops and add carrots to pan and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until no pink remains
5.  Combine milk, broth, herbs, water, and cornstarch in a small bowl or mixing cup
6.  Add to skillet with cooked pork chops and carrot
7.  Cook and stir until thickened (You may need more than 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, add any extra slowly until gravy is desired consistency).

*Sometimes I make more gravy by adding more broth and milk.  I don't have exact measurements I just add until I feel there is enough based on how many people I am planning on serving or how much gravy I am in the mood for.

**Make sure you cook the pork chops thoroughly to avoid food borne illness.


I like to serve this dish with mashed potatoes.

Coming soon, a recipe for the left over mashed potatoes!


2 comments:

  1. This was so quick and easy! My husband and I loved it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it! This is one of my go to recipes.

      Delete