Friday, February 17, 2012

Gluten-Free Cheeseburger and French Fries

Friday night we like to stay home and watch movies.  Sometimes we go out but often we stay in like we did tonight.  Instead of going out and paying six dollars for a cheeseburger I made my own with homemade french fries.  I like to make my burger interesting by adding a couple of extra ingredients.



Here is what you will need for the cheeseburgers:

1 pound of ground beef
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce (I use Lea & Perrins because it is easy to find and says gluten-free right on the label)
4 pieces sliced cheese


1.  Add the paprika and worcestershire sauce to the ground beef and mix thoroughly in a medium sized bowl (I ofter clean my hands well and mix it with my hands because that seems to work the best)
2.  Form mixed beef into burger patties
3.  Place on already heated grill or onto a pre-heated skillet on the stove
4.  Cook to desired taste (I prefer medium)
5.  Place cheese on top of cooked burger and let melt

*I use slices of Udi's bread as a bun
**Be wary of those individually sliced and packaged cheeses because they can contain gluten.  I try to always use cheese I know is gluten-free from the deli counter.

For the french fries you will need:

cooking oil (I usually use 1 container)
potatoes
salt


1.  Heat cooking oil on the stove over medium-high heat
2.  Peel and thinly slice potatoes
3.  Carefully place into the heated cooking oil
4.  Cook until the potatoes are cooked all the way through and slightly crispy
5.  Carefully take out of the oil and place onto some paper towels to drain excess oil
6.  Salt to taste and enjoy

*I reuse my "fry oil" by letting the oil cool over night and placing it back in the container and labeling it.  I usually use it more than once to make french fries.
**You can keep the fries warm by placing them on a cookie sheet in the oven set to 200 degrees or using the "keep warm" setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment