Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gluten-Free Fried Chicken

A while ago I promised a post with a recipe with leftover mashed potatoes.  Well, since I used them all in that epically failed attempt at a recipe I needed to make them with something else so I could try again.  I made fried chicken tonight with mashed potatoes and green beans.  Not only is this fried chicken recipe great I have great plans for the mashed potatoes again (hopefully).


To make fried chicken you will need:

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup potato starch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Oil

1.  Heat oil (I use Crisco sometimes and others just plain vegetable oil) in a pan over medium heat.
2.  Whisk together the potato starch, cornstarch, salt, pepper, xanthum gum, baking soda, chili powder, garlic, and onion powder
3.  Rinse chicken breasts and cut into thirds or fourths (depending on size and preference)
4.  Coat liberally with the above mixture
5.  Place in heated oil and cook until all sides are browned and the chicken is cooked thoroughly (Undercooked chicken can make you very sick!)
6.  When the chicken is finished cooking place on a plate with paper towels to drain excess oil


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment