Monday, February 6, 2012

Easy Baked Chicken Breasts

I like to make things that are easy and create leftovers to use as ingredients in other dishes.  This recipe is both those things.  I always make an extra chicken breast to use in my chicken pot pie (tomorrow's blog). 
To make baked chicken breasts you will need the following.

Skinned Bone-In Chicken Breasts
Poultry Seasoning
Very Mild Red Chili Powder

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place uncooked chicken breasts on a baking sheet
3. Sprinkle lightly with poultry seasoning and chili powder
4. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until completely cooked throughout (aka no pink or red in the middle)

Here is what my chicken breast look like uncooked.


Here is what they should look like when they are finished baking.



I serve the chicken with my faithful standby sides, rice, baked or mashed potatoes, and a vegetable (tonight it was corn). 



Tomorrow I will be making a chicken pot pie with the second chicken breast.  It is my husbands favorite dish so please keep reading!

Oh yeah...YAY GIANTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment