Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Semi-homemade Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich

I wanted to make and post this recipe this weekend but we ended up finishing up some leftovers from last week instead.  I say this recipe is semi-homemade because I used the Bisquick gluten-free mix.  I love making these biscuits because they are light and not grainy.  They are also super quick and easy to make. 


So here is what you will need to make the sandwich and biscuits:

Biscuits:

1 box of Bisquick mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup milk


Sandwich:

Eggs (Enough for the number of sandwiches you would like to make)
Sausage (You can also use bacon, turkey bacon, ham, or any kind of breakfast meat)
Cheese (I used two types one was grated into the eggs and the other was sliced I put on the sandwich)
Milk

1.  Follow the directions to make the biscuits on the back of the gluten-free Bisquick box
2.  Cook the breakfast meat over medium heat in a skillet
3.  Drain and discard the fat (if there is any)
4.  Scramble the desired amount in eggs and cook in a skillet over medium heat
5.  Cut the cooked biscuit in half
6.  Layer the sliced cheese, eggs, and sausage on the biscuit

It should look something like this when you are finished.  Please excuse my messy photo the eggs were a little crumbly.


No comments:

Post a Comment