Saturday, March 31, 2012

Enchanting Garlic Herbed Crusted Pork Chops

This is a new recipe for me and I much say, in the most humble way possible, that I nailed it!  This is one of the best fresh pork recipes I have concocted in a loooong time.  The coating is crispy and crunch and flavorful.  I am still thinking about this meal and I finished eating almost 2 hours ago (like I said it is enchanting).  I will stop trying to entice you now and just give up the recipe.


Ingredients:

2-4 Pork Chops (bone-in, boneless, thick cut, thin cut your choice)
2 cups uncrushed Rice Chex or similar rice cereal (I use Safeway brand)
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup softened butter
3 Tablespoons basil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup Parmesan
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt
pepper


1.  Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
2.  Using a food processor crush the rice cereal and the walnuts (Don't turn them into too fine a powder)
3.  Add the softened butter, Parmesan, basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
4.  Use the food processor to cut the above ingredients into the crushed cereal and walnuts (make sure there are not large chunks of butter left)
5.  Rinse the pork chops, place on a baking sheet, and pat them dry with a paper towel
6.  Spoon the crust mixture onto the pork chops packing lightly
7.  Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pork chop is cooked thoroughly


Some tips:

*If you don't have a food processor or don't want to use one crush the cereal in a sealed bag with a rolling pin, chop the nuts as finely as you can, and then cut the butter and the rest of the ingredients in with a fork like a pie crust.

**Experiment with different spices and let us know what you like!

***The crust should be a golden brown when the pork chops are finished





No comments:

Post a Comment