Tuesday, March 6, 2012

As Simple as Steak and Potatoes

This is my "duh!" post of the week.  I often focus too much on what I can't have and not enough on what I can.  Today, I would like to encourage you and myself to not focus on the things we can't have but the things we can.  We can have all of the fresh meat, vegetables, fruit, chicken, pork, and fish that we want.  Isn't it healthier that way?  Pre-packaged foods have a lot of salt and fat that people don't really need.  This weekend we made steak and potatoes.  It is one of my favorite meals because the meat (in moderation is delicious and good for you) and potatoes are just yummy.  We had it with a vegetable and it was very filling!


To make the steaks I sprinkled a pinch of salt and about 1 teaspoon of pepper on each one.  I also added a little garlic powder.  THAT'S IT!  We grilled them outside on our little inexpensive charcoal grill.  I made the potatoes in the microwave (poke holes in them...) and our dinner was ready in less than 20 minutes! 

I know many people don't eat meat but you can take the simplicity of this post an apply it to other things.  It is easy to overlook great things that are right in front of us!

*Make sure you cook the meat to an appropriate temperatutre so you do not become sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment