Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Turkey Noodle Soup

My husband and I have had almost all the turkey sandwiches and reheated Thanksgiving meals we can handle.  Tonight, I thought I would make something a little more appealing, turkey noodle soup.  The weather has been very cold so soup for dinner was an added bonus to using up leftovers.


Ingredients:

Gluten-free brown rice noodles (I always use Tinkyada brand)
Gluten-free chicken broth (Swanson's is GF and also Safeway store brand)
Baby carrots  or carrots (diced)
1/4 of an onion
leftover cooked turkey meat
salt
pepper

Directions:

1.  Pour broth into a large soup pot (I used approximately 2 cartons of broth)
2.  Cut carrot and onion and add to broth
3.  Cut or shred desired amount of turkey meat and add to broth (I used a lot of turkey meat and vegetables so the soup was very hearty)
4.  Salt and pepper broth to taste bring to a boil and then simmer until the carrots are cooked
5.  In a separate pot cook noodles according to package directions
7.  Strain noodles
8.  Add noodles and soup to a bowl and enjoy

*I keep the noodles separate from the soup because gluten-free noodles tend to become mushy if they are left in the broth. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment