Thursday, June 7, 2012

Steak and Spinach Pinwheels

I have made these Steak and Spinach Pinwheels for large gatherings and for just me and my husband.  They are tasty, quick, and go great with baked potatoes or twice baked potatoes.  I forgot to take a finished picture but they still look great not grilled. 


Ingredients:

8 slices bacon
1 1/2 lbs round steak
1 bag frozen spinach (thaw before use)
1/2 cup - 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt
pepper

1.  Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet
2.  Drain bacon on paper towel
3.  Pound steak with a meat mallet until 1/4 inch -1/2 inch thick (start from the middle and work outwards)
4.  Salt and pepper the steak to taste then lay the bacon lengthwise on the steak
5. Cover the bacon with the spinach
6.  Cover the spinach with the Parmesan cheese
7.  Roll the whole thing up from the short side (the bacon should be laying the same direction you roll)
8.  Secure the meat with toothpick
9.  Cut between the toothpick (about 1 inch intervals I use the thickness of the bacon as a guide)
10.  Grill with the steak side down turning frequently until thoroughly cooked. 

This recipe is a huge crowd pleaser.  It looks more complicated and fancy than it is.  If the directions are not clear please let me know because I don't want you to miss out on this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment