Saturday, June 30, 2012

If You Give a Moose a Blueberry Muffin...

I love blueberries and we have had fresh blueberries in our local store for weeks.  I finally bought some berries and I decided, the half I didn't eat right out of the container, I would use to make muffins.  They turned out very delicious.  This is an easy recipe that you can make during the weekend and enjoy all week for breakfast or for as a snack. 


Ingredients:

1/4 cup and 3 Tablespoons of sweet rice flour, white rice flour, soy flour, and tapicoa flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Blueberries (about 3/4 cup)
Brown Sugar


1.  Pre-heat the over to 400 degrees
2.  Lightly grease the muffin pan (or use paper cups)
3.  In a bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, baking soda, and salt
4.  In a medium bowl whisk togethter the egg, milk, and cooking oil
5.  Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well (the batter should still be a little lumpy)
6.  Add the blueberries and stir until combined
7.  Pour the batter into the muffin cups filling about 2/3 of the way
8.  Sprinkle your desired amout of brown sugar ontop of the batter just before you put the muffins in the oven
9.  Bake the muffins between 15 and 20 minutes or until they are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 
10.  Let the muffins cool on a rack for a short time aften they come out of the oven and out of the tin

You can reheat these muffins or grab them on the go during busy mornings.  It is worth the time to make them before the busy work week starts. 

2 comments:

  1. Those look toooooooo yum. Is it expensive having to keep all the different varieties of non-wheat flour on hand for cooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only keep 5 flours on hand for all my cooking. Sweet rice flour, white rice flour, soy flour, tapioca flour, and cornstarch. When I first started eating gluten free I had every flour imaginable but I didn't like cooking with them. I stick with my basic 4 flours for baking and cornstarch for thickening.

      Delete