Thursday, June 7, 2012

Biscuits, Birthdays, and Giant Aspargus Oh My!

The month of May in our household is always a month of birthdays and just plain craziness.  Since my last posting almost a month ago I have been experimenting with a couple of recipes with some success. 

My latest experiment involved making biscuits.  I made a couple of batches and they came out decent but not very fluffy.  I am going to tweak the recipe a little and try again.  Bread is my biggest challenge.  I was never a big bread eater but it is nice to have with some meals.  There are good mixes and frozen breads available but they can be extremely expensive.  I hope to have a successful batch of biscuits this weekend.

May was also a month of discoveries.  With the nice weather my husband and I started doing some serious work to our yard.  We discovered giant asparagus growing up against our house.  Don't ask how we never noticed before because I am talking giant. 



Now, I have a couple ideas for cooking asparagus since it is good and healthy.  I usually like to grill it.


Obviously, it wont work for our giant asparagus but you should try it.  It is delicious!


2 comments: