Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Yummy Twice Baked Potatoes

Friday night I made dinner for several of my friends.  I made the Enchanting Garlic Herbed Crusted Pork Chops, twice baked potatoes, broccoli with cheese, and a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert.  We at well to say the least.  The twice baked potatoes were wonderful, I chose to make them because I wanted something more/different than just baked potatoes to go with the main course.  The potatoes really complimented the rest of the meal and were easy to make.  They do take a little longer to make than regular potatoes. 


Ingredients:

2 large potatoes
3-4 Tablespoons milk
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1-2 Tablspoons chopped chives
1/2 cup grated cheese (I used cheddar)
2-3 slices cooked bacon (I cooked the bacon while the potatoes baked the first time)
salt
pepper


1.  Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2.  Wash and prick potatoes with a fork
3.  Bake potatoes for 1 1/2 hours or until done
4.  Cool for 10-15 minutes
5.  Cut the potatoes in half long ways
6.  Scoop cooked potato into a mixing bowl setting aside the skin
7.  Add half of the cheese and all of the rest of the ingredients
8.  Stir until well combined
9.  Scoop back into potato skin and sprinkle remaining cheese on top place in a shallow baking dish or baking sheet
10.  Bake for 15-20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment