Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

I have had a cold for the last several days and since I had left overs from last night's chicken I thought I would make some soup and see if that made me feel any better.


Here is what I did to make the soup:

1 already cooked chicken carcass
1/2 onion
3 celery sticks
Chopped carrots or baby carrots
Already cooked chicken (like from the post yesterday)
Chicken broth (Swanson's is GF)
Gluten-free noodles (I use Tinkyada see older posts for a picture of the packaging)
Salt and pepper to taste

1.  In a large pot with enough water to cover the chicken carcass and vegetables simmer for an hour
2.  Using a strainer pull out the chicken carcass making sure you get any loose bones
3.  Shred the chicken and place in the pot
4.  Add the already prepared chicken broth to the pot (this adds extra flavor and is not entirely necessary)
5.  Place back onto the stove and continue to warm
6.  In a separate pot cook the noodles
7.  When the noodles are finished drain and add to a small bowl
8.  Cover with broth

*Store left over cooked noodles separately to avoid having them be soggy

You can also make chicken noodle soup with a couple of containers of broth that you just heat up and add ingredients too if you don't have the chicken carcass or the time to simmer your own broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment