Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gluten-free Fried Rice

This is a very easy recipe that my aunt showed me how to make.  This recipe is actually something that I ate constantly when I first started eating gluten-free because it was cheap and easy and I was in college and did not have the time or money for much else.  This is also a great recipe for left-overs and you can easily make as much or as little as you would like.  This is an imprecise recipe that can be modified and made your own. 


Ingredients:

Some kind of meat (this time I used pork but I often use chicken and sometimes beef)
Rice (already cooked; I used left-over rice from the night before)
2-3 cups frozen veggies
2-3 Tablespoons oil (sometimes I need more sometimes less)
2-3 eggs
2 Tablespoons soy sauce (sometimes I use more sometimes less; La Choy is a good GF brand but double check the label!)
onion powder, garlic powder, and ginger to taste (you can also use an actual onion and garlic diced)

Directions:

1.  In a large skillet scramble the eggs; remove when cooked
2.  Add the oil and your choice of meat; cook until meat is done
3.  Add vegetables and spices; cook until crisp
4.  Add rice, egg, and soy sauce; cook until hot all the way through and all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. 

Pretty easy huh?  It is also very delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment