Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gluten-Free Spaghetti Dinner

Tonight I made a gluten-free spaghetti dinner.  To some it may sound trivial that I am bragging about spaghetti but I looked long and hard for noodles that were not grainy, mushy, or just plain gross.  Since this blog is for "real people" it is a quick and easy week night dinner solution. 

After trying noodles made of many different grains from multiple brands I finally found one that was closest, if not better than regular noodles.  It is called Tinkyada.


These noodles are made from brown rice and do not turn out mushy (the little bunnies on the bag do not lie)!  They come in a variety of noodles including lasagna and special shapes that the kid in me still loves.  The packaging says to cook the noodles in boiling water for 15-16 minutes but I find that around 13-14 is best.  I also do not normally rinse the noodles like the directions say.  I guess I am just a rebel.

To make spaghetti I brown some hamburger meat (proportional to how much spaghetti I am making) in a skillet.  After the meat is cooked I drain the fat and I add a jar of Prego Traditional pasta sauce and heat through.  Then I add the whole thing to my cooked noodles and top with some gluten-free Parmesan cheese.  This whole process takes around 30 minutes. 



I use Prego Traditional because according to the label it had no gluten-free ingredients but since products change so often make sure you double check the label.  It is also gluten-free according to it's parent company Cambell Soup.  Here is the link to Cambell Soup Company's list of gluten-free products. 

http://campbellsoupcompany.com/pdf/FAQ_GlutenFreeProductList.pdf

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh this looks so delicious. I know it's only 10 in the morning but I want to make this right now hahaha!

    ReplyDelete